Mandata Group provides integrated transport management software solutions to road transport businesses operating throughout the UK and Ireland.
Haulage operators of all sizes use our suite of products to manage their operations from orders to invoice. Our team is not only passionate about our solutions, but they are also incredibly knowledgeable and supportive.
We have focused on the road haulage, transportation and logistics sector for over 47 years and our aim is to help hauliers stay ahead in an ever-changing, competitive market. Our software never stands still, neither should our customers and neither should our team. Find out more information about Mandata.
About the role:
This role will develop and drive the marketing programs for all Mandata products, whether developed locally or globally.
Product Marketing is central to the successful product creation, communication, launch and go-to-market strategies for Mandata. The function is responsible for the discovery process and identification of opportunities that Mandata’s products will solve in the haulier space, the launch of new features and products, enablement of internal teams (Sales, Customer Success and Support), content creation (for customers, prospects and internal audiences) and competitive monitoring and analysis.
This is a commercially focused role so the role holder will work to create a deep interlock between our marketing and sales teams to ensure successful execution for their designated products and solutions.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Work with Product Owners and Product Managers to clearly define the value proposition, USPs, and key messaging of a comprehensive range of technical products.
- Help define buyer and user personas across all Mandata products.
- Produce customer-facing product roadmaps to outline the value that Mandata plans to deliver.
- Alert customers, and the business, on new features and product updates through regular software release communications.
- Collaborate with all relevant departments to execute the go-to-market planning, market and competitor research, sales enablement, and marketing the launch of new products; clearly communicating issues and timelines relevant to all stakeholders.
- Drive messaging strategy through the development of compelling mid and lower funnel content (collateral) that educates prospects, accelerates sales cycles, and improve win rates, including sales presentations, videos, podcasts, brochures, web content, emails, and guides to reflect the value proposition in each of the Mandata products.
- Be plugged into the wider haulier industry and tech industry trends, in order to gather competitive and market intelligence and implement findings into future development and marketing strategies.
- Create, visualise and innovate Mandata products at events, tradeshows.
- Run product and report webinars.
- Develop and publish testimonials and case studies to reiterate the successes customers have achieved with Mandata products.
- Generate content on-line through blogs and have Mandata relevant conversations with industry influencers via social media.
- Act as a product evangelist on social media.
- Support the marketing campaigns of team members in which in-depth product knowledge is required.
The type of individual we are looking for:
Qualifications and training:
- Advanced MS Office skills (essential).
- Salesforce and Pardot proficient (essential).
- Bachelor’s Degree required in (preferably) Marketing, Computer Science, or Business Administration. CIM qualification preferred (desirable).
- Ideally 6+ years of product marketing experience in a business-to-business (B2B) enterprise company.
- Market and industry intelligence: familiarity with IT buyers, both technical and business-oriented decision makers (spanning small business to large enterprise).
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical concepts, data analytics and market needs and translate into effective, value-based, customer-centric messages for both business and technical audiences.
- Excellent collaboration skills to develop product positioning, product collateral, presentations, white papers, and other sales and marketing materials.
- Engagement with sales, channel partners and customers to collect feedback and requirements.
- Successful execution of product launches and campaigns, including defining plans, producing deliverables, coordinating resources, and measuring results.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong writing skills and presentation skills.
- Experience in a software, services or solutions-led company.
- Experience in haulier software industry.
- Copy writing experience.
- Experience dealing with external marketing agencies.
- Sales and commercial experience.
- Thought Leadership generation and campaign management.
- Integrity and persistence.
- Proactive and forward thinking.
- Approachable and friendly.
- Personable with confidence and enthusiasm.
- Has a can-do attitude and willing to go the external mile to get the job done.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and is well organised.
- Works to impeccable standards and can work calmly under pressure to meet deadlines and expectations.
- Is a team player.
- Is proactive, forward thinking and innovative.
- Is results oriented with the ability to see the high-level picture.
Here at Mandata we take pride in our teams, we are proud of our culture and understand the importance of getting the best people on board and encouraging successful careers with us. We understand how nerve-wracking it can be making the decision to find a new role, but if you feel this role could be the right one for you, get in touch, we’d love to hear from you!
How to apply
Before you apply, please be sure to read the job description thoroughly – and match your CV to the required skills. If you feel like you would be the right person for the role, please get in touch by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do experience high levels of interest, we aim to respond to every single individual however sometimes you may experience a delay.