Mandata Group provides integrated transport management software solutions to road transport businesses operating throughout the UK and Ireland.
Haulage operators of all sizes use our suite of products to manage their operations from orders to invoice. Our team is not only passionate about our solutions, but they are also incredibly knowledgeable and supportive.
We have focused on the road haulage, transportation and logistics sector for over 47 years and our aim is to help hauliers stay ahead in an ever-changing, competitive market. Our software never stands still, neither should our customers and neither should our team. Find out more information about Mandata.
About the role:
Within this role, you will be responsible for the ownership of accurate, timely completion and submission of monthly management accounts for Mandata Network and Mandata Solutions within the Group. To assist the Financial Controller in improving & delivering an efficient month end process, internal reporting & analysis to the business.
As a Management Accountant within the Mandata Group, you will be responsible for:
- Preparation monthly management accounts on a timely basis & articulation of numbers.
- Completion of Bank Reconciliations & posting of bank transactions to Sage 200
- Completion of Creditor reconciliation, ensuring all invoices have been posted on a timely basis.
- Completion of Debtors reconciliation & bad debt provisions. Review of overdue accounts.
- Monthly Balance sheet reconciliations, including accruals, prepayments, payroll & fixed assets including relevant analysis & journal preparation.
- Reconciliation of all commissions.
- Ensuring all relevant inter-company reconciliations are completed.
- Management of sales orders, recording of sales contract and overseeing accurate sales invoicing.
- Revenue Reconciliation including posting of recurring & deferred revenue.
- Ownership of the DD customer schedule preparation & DD collection process.
- Collation & processing of internal management recharges.
- Preparation of supplier & expenses payment runs.
- Updating of business cashflow for Solutions companies.
- PO reporting and approval, and supplier statement reconciliations.
- Preparation and review of Solutions’ contribution to the of quarterly group VAT return.
- Assisting in the external audits, ensuring that the auditors are provided with information on a timely basis.
- Assisting in project work.
- Adhoc tasks.
The type of individual we are looking for:
- To be progressing towards final stages of CIMA qualification or be fully qualified.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel. Working knowledge of Sage 200 would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate financial numbers to operational staff.
- A commitment towards delivering quality customer service to internal and external customers.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage priorities and work to deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Approachable with good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with staff effectively at all levels.
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach.
- Enthusiasm for continual learning.
- The successful candidate must be passionate about what they do, full of energy and have a “can do” attitude.
Here at Mandata we take pride in our teams, we are proud of our culture and understand the importance of getting the best people on board and encouraging successful careers with us. We understand how nerve-wracking it can be making the decision to find a new role, but if you feel this role could be the right one for you, get in touch, we’d love to hear from you!
How to apply
Before you apply, please be sure to read the job description thoroughly – and match your CV to the required skills. If you feel like you would be the right person for the role, please get in touch by sending your CV to email@example.com. We do experience high levels of interest, we aim to respond to every single individual however sometimes you may experience a delay.