COVID-19 Drivers Hours Limited Temporarily relaxed
The RHA has shared the following statement today:
In response to requests from Industry, the Department for Transport has, pursuant to Article 14(2) of Regulation (EC) No 561/2006, agreed to a temporary and limited urgent relaxation of the enforcement of EU drivers’ hours rules in England, Scotland and Wales for the drivers of vehicles involved in the delivery of food, non-food (personal care and household paper and cleaning) and over the counter pharmaceuticals when undertaking the following journeys:
- Distribution centre to stores (or fulfilment centre)
- From manufacturer or supplier to distribution centre (including backhaul collections)
- From manufacturer or supplier to store (or fulfilment centre)
- Between distribution centres and transport hub trunking
- Transport hub deliveries to stores
This exemption does not apply to drivers undertaking deliveries directly to consumers.
This temporary relaxation applies from 00:01 on Wednesday 18th March 2020 and will run until 23:59 on Thursday 16th April 2020 and will apply only to the drivers undertaking the above specified journeys.
The Department is keeping the current situation under review and reserves the right to withdraw the relaxation earlier if circumstances change.