Mandata Group provides integrated transport management software solutions to road transport businesses operating throughout the UK and Ireland.
Haulage operators of all sizes use our suite of products to manage their operations from orders to invoice. Our team is not only passionate about our solutions, but they are also incredibly knowledgeable and supportive.
We have focused on the road haulage, transportation and logistics sector for over 47 years and our aim is to help hauliers stay ahead in an ever-changing, competitive market. Our software never stands still, neither should our customers and neither should our team. Find out more information about Mandata.
About the role:
FP&A Manager will be responsible for compiling budgets, forecasts, and business plans, which will involve working closely with directors and managers across all functions. They will be the go-to person for financial modelling and analytical expertise to help the business understand historical trends and budgetary variances; identify market and commercial growth opportunities; analyse competitors; and support acquisition activity.
As an FP&A Manager within the Mandata Group, you will be responsible for:
- Developing a deep understanding of all existing financial models and spreadsheet-based tools in order to become their day-to-day owner
- Building new financial models and other analytical tools using packages such as Microsoft Excel, Power BI or Tableau as required
- Acting as the day-to-day point of contact during budget, reforecasting and business planning cycles
- Supporting the CRO and Marketing Director with analysis of market opportunities, pricing and historic sales trends to produce robust sales forecasts that are supported by sound sales and marketing investment plans
- Working with key functional owners to prepare detailed bottom-up budgets and forecasts
- Preparing analysis of existing headcount and overhead costs, and providing modelling support to forecast investment and savings opportunities that support the business’ growth strategy
- Compiling budget submissions into the budget model
- Collating all other key assumptions required in the budget model
- Performing first-pass review of budget outputs to identify errors, missing data and any trends that look unusual and perform follow-up investigations to address them
- Preparing presentations and reports of business information clearly and concisely
- Preparing quarterly covenant compliance submissions to our bankers
Supporting on system implementation projects, particularly where data needs to be extracted from existing systems, cleansed and reconciled for upload into the new system
- Providing modelling and analytical support to the CFO on acquisitions
The type of individual we are looking for:
- A Microsoft Excel expert who enjoys building and understanding well thought out spreadsheets and models
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Intelligent, thoughtful and is energised by finding the insights hidden within information and data
- Strong grasp of accounting and reporting practices, and how financial statements hang together
- Commercial acumen, with an ability to understand business drivers and how they affect financial performance
- Ambitious and forward thinker who embraces and adapts well to change
- Can not only do great analysis but also able to succinctly communicate insights
- Comfortable engaging with senior managers up to and including Board members, and non-financial stakeholders across all departments
- Wants to get out and explore the business; isn’t confined to their desk
- Passionate about continuing to learn, grow and progress and is driven to succeed.
- Ability to self-motivate and takes the initiative
- Has the confidence to take on additional responsibilities
You will need to be able to demonstrate the following skillset:
- Experience of FP&A and/or corporate finance is essential
- Qualified accountant ACA/ACCA
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience of business intelligence tools a strong advantage
Here at Mandata we take pride in our teams, we are proud of our culture and understand the importance of getting the best people on board and encouraging successful careers with us. We understand how nerve-wracking it can be making the decision to find a new role, but if you feel this role could be the right one for you, get in touch, we’d love to hear from you!
How to apply
Before you apply, please be sure to read the job description thoroughly – and match your CV to the required skills. If you feel like you would be the right person for the role, please get in touch by sending your CV to email@example.com. We do experience high levels of interest, we aim to respond to every single individual however sometimes you may experience a delay.