Mandata has launched a new Customer Portal for its transport management system TMS Go! which allows haulage operators to offer a new service to their customers.
The self-service web portal allows shippers to book collections and deliveries which appear instantly in the haulier’s TMS Go! transport management system ready to plan.
Then, as deliveries progress, delivery status updates appear along with ETAs, keeping the shipper informed. When the collection or delivery is made, electronic proof of delivery or ePODs appears in the portal for the shipper to view or download, along with other related documents such as Invoices.
Here’s how it works:
As shippers book jobs, they drop automatically into TMS Go! ready for the haulier to plan.
ETA’s from the Manifest+ App and electronic signatures / electronic proof of delivery (ePODs) are automatically updated in the portal, keeping the shipper informed.
There are many benefits for the Haulier:
- Customers / Shippers create jobs which appear automatically within the TMS ready to plan. With the haulier’s customer creating jobs, there’s no need for the haulier to re-enter information into their TMS or transfer information from one place to another – reducing duplication of effort, saving time and preserving data accuracy.
- Phone-based tracking in the Manifest+ App gives hauliers visibility of where the driver is in the sequence of jobs. There’s no need to call to see where they are.
- Work instructions can be sent from TMS Go! directly to the driver’s smartphone, electronic proof of delivery captured and ePODs saved automatically within the TMS to view or download. (At the same time, ePODs appear within the Shipper’s portal.) There’s no need to re-enter ePODs or transfer data from one system to another. It’s all done for you.
- Inbound ETA enquiries can dramatically reduce as shippers can view progress and download job documentation themselves.
There are many benefits for the Shipper too:
- Jobs can be added quickly using a database of addresses and goods
- Shippers can view progress of all jobs as well as ETA’s providing exceptional visibility throughout the delivery process
- Electronic Proof of Delivery / ePODs can be viewed and downloaded from the portal along with other job related documents such as invoices.