Junior Software Engineer
Mandata provides integrated transport management software solutions to road transport businesses operating throughout the UK and Ireland.
Haulage operators of all sizes use our suite of products to manage their operations from orders to invoice. Our team is not only passionate about our solutions, but they are also incredibly knowledgeable and supportive.
We have focused on the road haulage, transportation and logistics sector for over 47 years and our aim is to help hauliers stay ahead in an ever-changing, competitive market. Our software never stands still, neither should our customers and neither should our team.
Your role in a nutshell…
We are looking for an enthusiastic junior software engineer to join our experienced software development team. You will report directly to the Head of Engineering and assist with all functions of software coding and design. Your primary focus will be to learn the codebase and respond to requests from senior engineers.
To ensure success as a junior software engineer, you should have a good working knowledge of basic programming languages, the ability to learn new technology quickly, and the ability to work in a team environment. A top-class Junior Software engineer provides valuable support to the design team while continually improving their coding and design skills.
The responsibilities we’ll trust you with…
- Working in a team alongside other engineers.
- Assisting the engineering team with all aspects of software design and coding.
- Attending and contributing to company development meetings.
- Learning the codebase and improving your coding skills.
- Writing and maintaining code.
- Working on minor bug fixes.
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
- Responding to requests from the development team.
- Gathering information from consumers about program functionality.
- Writing reports.
- Conducting development tests.
- Reporting and resolving issues.
- Reporting on project statuses and developments to senior team members.
Knowledge and expertise that matter most for this role…
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science.
- Minimum of 1 year experience of working in a Software Engineering role.
- Basic programming experience.
- Knowledge of basic coding languages including SQL, C++, C#
- Knowledge of Delphi is desirable.
- Knowledge of databases and operating systems.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
Your personal attributes – we need someone who…
- A ‘Can Do’ attitude with a record of overcoming problems and finding solutions to issues as they crop up.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize a busy workload.
- Self-starter with strong motivation to succeed.
- Able to build relationships and communicate at all levels.
- Team player and able to work on own initiative.
- Dynamic and creative.
- People and customer focused.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment.
- Hybrid working.
- Company & personal bonus scheme.
- Employee share scheme.
- Life assurance cover.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (increases with length of service).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Cycle to work scheme.
Here at Mandata we take pride in our teams, we are proud of our culture and understand the importance of getting the best people on board and encouraging successful careers with us. We understand how nerve-wracking it can be making the decision to find a new role, but if you feel this role could be the right one for you, get in touch, we’d love to hear from you!
How to apply
Before you apply, please be sure to read the job description thoroughly – and match your CV to the required skills. If you feel like you would be the right person for the role, you can apply directly by completing the form on this page. We do experience high levels of interest, we aim to respond to every single individual however sometimes you may experience a delay.